February 2015 Prayer Letter - Setup Fund

What is a Setup Fund?

A setup fund is the money that we will use to setup our new home in Japan.

Imagine if your neighbor’s house burnt down. They lost everything except for most of their clothes and other small essentials. What would they need to buy? They would need somewhere to live, new appliances, furniture, dishes and more!

Our setup fund will enable us to get established as quickly as possible and ready for the ministry God has for us!

You can keep up with the progress of our setup fund on our

website at risingsonmission.com under the setup fund tab.

How do you know how much to raise?

During our survey trip I was able to determine the costs of living and the items we will need to purchase to setup in Japan. So we have an accurate amount of what we need.

When do you raise these funds?

We have been raising and saving these funds since we began deputation. This gives us time to raise the funds we need for our move to Japan.

When are you planning to leave for Japan?

We are currently at 84% of our needed monthly support. We are trusting God and working to raise the remaining 16% by August of 2015. Please pray with us, that we will be able to raise the rest of our needed support!

What happens if you don’t go to Japan?

All funds that have the designation of “setup fund” are placed in a special account. We do not have access to that account until we leave for Japan. If for some reason, we do not make it to Japan, all of that fund will be returned by Vision Baptist Missions to those who donated the money.

What are some items you need?

These are some high cost items that we could still use your help with. You can give specifically for these items or a general donation to the fund.

1. Rent for 6 months: $12,000 – Apartments in Japan require 6 months to be paid up front.

2. Four Airplane Tickets: $6,000 – $1,500 a person

3. Used Vehicle: $8,000

4. Furniture: $5,000 – Such as couches, table, chairs, dressers, beds, etc.

5. Travel Documentation: $2,000 – Donated

6. Hotel Cost: $1400 – This works out to be about $100 a

day for our first two weeks in Japan.

7. Washer/Dryer: $1200 $500 donated – $700 remaining

8. Refrigerator: $1200

9. Stove: $1000 $500 donated – $500 remaining

10. Visas: $190 – Will $190 – Rebel $190 – Atlas $190 – Journey

11. Small Kitchen Appliances: $300

12. Pots, pans, bowls, plates, utensils, etc.: $250


How will my donation be used?

The prices for a specific item are estimates and the actual cost might be higher or lower than stated. We will continue to be a good steward of the resources God gives us and use the funds appropriately. For example: If you give towards an item and it is purchased at a lower price than stated, the extra will be used towards another item and/or in the ministry.

How do I give towards the setup fund?

You can send a check to Vision Baptist Missions at the support address below with the designation “Hill Setup Fund” in the memo line.

Support Address:

Will Hill C/O Vision Baptist Missions

PO Box 442
Alpharetta, GA 30009